Saturday, October 11, 2008

Politics.. I am confused!

I am so unsure about who to vote for this year... I go through this every election!
It's so hard for me to tell who is telling the truth and who is giving lip service. Watching debates doesn't help, because the issues aren't really addressed, it's just basically a time for politics to trash each other.
Here's what I have gathered about Obama:
He might bring about the change we need, especially in the Education department! He could probably figure out a way to get the schools more money. And he would start the beginnings of public health care. (My brother has been living with a hernia for over two years because he can't afford insurance or surgery!) On the other hand, I am not sure of his loyalties!!! Is he really that loyal to America? And can I really trust what he says? He is so Charismatic, that I can't believe half of what comes out of his mouth. I also worry that he doesn't have enough experience in politics (which could actually be a good thing)
John McCain. I know I can trust his loyalties, he is American, through and through. But is he loyal to the American people, or to the way the system is now? I worry about the schools under his presidency, that things would remain as they have under the Bush administration. I also worry that his age will keep him from being connected with the younger Americans. I also worry about relationships between America and other countries under his leadership!

I am so undecided right now, I just don't know what to do! Maybe I'll just pray.

3 comments:

skipvia said...

I always try and refrain from making political comments in my classes since I don't want to imply that anyone should feel as I do about things. But I'm glad to see that you have seen through the rhetoric from both sides and are actually considering the questions that are important. I'm sure you'll come to the right decision for yourself. The trick is not to demonize the other guy.

Melissa said...

Jessica,
I know who I am voting for. And to be honest I am voting for him only because of my political party and not because I think he is the better man for the job. Now, where I AM choosing to vote for a difference is in the Senate race. This for me will be where I hope my vote can make a difference.

Amanda said...

Think as it is not just prayer but the first action in know what God would have you do. As a Christian I try to use the Bible as my voting guide, that I compare the canidates with the vaule that the Bible teaches and then I chose based on who hold close to those vaule. This is so we can still be one nation under God. Hope that helps.